Individual clients also present for couple relationship therapy. Effective work can still be done even if your partner does not attend.
Bayside Relationship Counselling also works with clients who are not currently in a relationship. Past relationships may have proven difficult and there is a need to explore this history before entering a new relationship.
Work, Friends and Family Relationships
We are social beings and our lives are built around a network of relationships. When any of these are unbalanced or inharmonious it can cause distress. Relationship Counselling offers a safe space to focus, together with an objective professional, on the relationship of concern.
Other Common Issues for Individual Clients
- Depression and anxiety
- Grief and loss
- Low self-esteem and confidence
- Sexual abuse
- Managing life’s transitions
- Stress management
- Workplace issues
- Post-traumatic stress
- Personal development
What Bayside Relationship Counselling offers individuals
- An objective and empathetic ‘listening ear’
- Support in identifying and defining the problems and concerns
- The possiblility of examining the problems from a wider perspective
- An opportunity to expand the repertoire of responses in a given situation
- Exposure to a variety of up-to-date theories and interventions to assist growth and development